While we are dedicated to creating magical experiences for our Guests, we are equally committed to our Disney Cruise Line crew member successes. We are the leader in family cruises because of our world-class crew and we make it a top priority to find the best people in the business.
Although the work hours are long, it’s hard not to focus on the unique opportunities you may experience with us. Not only will you grow with us as a company, you will grow professionally, too. With more than 1,000-1,400 crew members per ship, needless to say there are many different career opportunities onboard our ships.
We like to promote our crew from within because we know once they experience the Disney Way it becomes a part of their life. Whether it is providing exceptional guest service or showing great teamwork during a day that involves schedule changes, crew members are recognized for their efforts. Disney Cruise Line is committed to showing its appreciation. We have a formalized transfer process to assist all crew in transferring to another department, depending on the following criteria:
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the area you are requesting a transfer
- You must have completed 2 full contracts with Disney Cruise Line
- To learn more about this process and its requirements, Crew are invited to attend a ‘Career Navigation’ class two months prior to the completion of their second contract
- You must be in your current role for at least 6 months
- You haven’t been written up for discipline 6 months prior to applying
- You must have a current performance rating of ‘Right on Track’ or better
Your current Leader must approve you for a transfer; then the Leader of your new department will conduct a formal interview to assess your skills.
Promotions are handled within each individual department and the criteria for promotions may vary by department.
Kim, Human Resources Manager